Updated 15 Dec 2020
BMFA guidance and supporting material
BMFA has issued guidance, and supporting material, on competitions during the pandemic.
Supporting material for organisers
- BMFA has issued a Competition Checklist and a Risk Assessment Template. There is supplementary material for each from the SFTC.
What is it?
- An online form for competition organisers, giving BMFA advice and having the organiser consider risks and how to respond to them, and record their precautions and mitigations.
- The form is to be completed online. The completed form is uploaded to the BMFA, together with a risk assessment and any other relevant documents. A copy is mailed back from the BMFA to the organiser.
- Check-in-advance copy (Word download). The online form is, necessarily, lengthy. And you can’t go back and you can’t save until completed. This Word doc is to let silent flight competition organisers consider the questions and assemble required information in advance of tackling the online form.
An optional aid – NOT a substitute for completing the required online form.
What is it?
- A blank risk assessment template for Covid risks in competitions.
- Download the BMFA template (Word document. Also available for download from the first page of the Competition Checklist)
- Fill in the risk assessment. Attach your risk assessment to your completed Competition Checklist when uploading it to the BMFA.
- SFTC has prepared version of the BMFA template, partially completed as a suggested starting point for silent flight competition organisers – who will also need to address any factors peculiar to their competition type and location.
Download the SFTC version of the BMFA template (Word document)
We are also looking to reference here any method statements for particular silent flight classes / other relevant advice on Covid safety measures (e.g. use of eScoring).